This course provides students with an in-depth study of knowledge areas covered in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)® as they relate to the five process groups in the project management life cycle. The course focuses on the knowledge required from resources in addition to The Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)® that is required to implement a PM Framework and to study to complete the exam.
Value to the Organization
- A framework for applying project management best practices to an existing project portfolio
- A standard format for implementing and sustaining a project management framework
- A consistent approach to using project processes and documents
- A consistent language and approach to proactively managing projects in the organization
Value to the Participant
- Understand the importance of using the PMBOK® as the baseline for achieving PMP® certification.
- Learn to communicate the impact on the project of risks, issues, and changes.
- Learn how to communicate performance to schedule, performance to scope, performance to budget and performance to quality standards
- Learn how to apply current tools and techniques to create an effective project management study plan.
The material will provide the participants with the necessary methods and disciplines to study and pass the Project Management Professional Certification Exam.
An additional benefit is that the participants also learn the necessary tools and skills to implement a project management discipline personally or within their departments.
The format for the course should be based on the number of continuing credit requirements (CCRs) that an individual needs to apply for the exam. The Project Management Institute, Inc.® requires that each individual have 35 CCRs prior to submitting an application to be approved to sit for the exam.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for those individuals involved in managing and/or working on projects who are interested in preparing to write their PMP® Exam
- Each participant will receive the following course materials to assist in their personal study program.
- A comprehensive study manual
- A set of practice test questions
- A set of flash cards
- A weekly study guide
- A reference list for additional reference books
- Three hours of coaching prior to the class.
To allow for flexibility, we offer our courses over 3, 4, or 5 Days.