All courses in The Kellan Group curriculum are based on the experience and skills of our team of project managers. In addition, we are a Registered Education Provider® with Project Management Institute, Inc.® (PMI) and our material is aligned on the current A Guide to the Project Management Knowledge®. Each course reinforces “best practices” supported by a stable methodology, as well as commercially available tools and techniques for project management. To provide a combination of learning through formal education and experience, our courses are delivered using an interactive classroom or on-line format.
Our courses are based on a foundation of experiential learning under the guidance of a skilled practitioner, leveraging the opportunity to learn theory in a team-focused environment, while providing a concrete opportunity to practice the core competencies based on case studies.
Workshops, Seminars & Training Include:
When organizations adopt a consistent approach to project management, there are core competencies that should be reinforced to ensure that the team members are able to deliver against management’s expectations.
The core topics that are part of our corporate training program have been developed to enhance the skills that team members already have. The core topics focus on project management, risk management, managing estimates, creating and maintaining schedules and other business related topics.
Explore the opportunities to learn from people who are active project and business managers.
- Project Management Fundamentals: Theory in Practice
- Managing Project Risk: Evening the Odds
- Managing Estimates, Costs and Schedules: Creating the Foundation for Execution
- Managing Contracts and Procurement Relationships: The Art of the Deal
- Managing Project Quality: Build to Last
The advanced topics are targeted at individuals that are interested in pursuing project management as a career. The course curriculum was developed with our customers and provides practical approaches to managing projects in our busy everyday life. The skills learned are applicable for any project, any size.
- Lean Project Management: Optimizing PM Processes
- Project Portfolio Management: Spinning Plates on Sticks
- Managing Multiple Projects and Resource Capacity
- Managing Project Managers: Herding Lizards
- Agile Project Management
- Project Management Professional® Exam Preparation
PM Tools, Techniques and Strategies
Every individual has a toolkit that supports their ability to accomplish their work on any given day. If you are a chef, it is a set of good knives, if you are a mechanic, it is a set of good tools.
It isn’t any different for project managers. If you are a project manager, it is a toolkit that includes scheduling software, estimating software, word processing software, spreadsheet software, presentation software, a drawing tool, electronic binder software, and team collaboration software.
The project manager, the product manager, and every stakeholder have a different view of project management and the project manager’s toolkit. Some stakeholders see Microsoft Project as a planning tool, others see it as a chart drawing tool, and yet others see it as a tool that is integral to the successful completion of a project. Regardless of your personal perception, it is critical that all project stakeholders speak the same language, leverage the same toolset and have the same expectations.
It is a must to leverage the tools that are available to ensure that the team is able to focus on success knowing that the data and information that they provided will be accessible for current and future projects.
- Microsoft Project® for Project Managers
- Advanced Microsoft Project® for Project Managers
- Creating a Collaborative Team Environment using MS SharePoint®
- Microsoft Project® A La Carte
- Advanced Scheduling and Resource Management Techniques Using MS Project®
- Advanced Reporting, Forecasting and Customization Techniques Using MS Project®
- Enterprise Project Management Role-Based Courses
Leadership and Talent Development
As a Founding Partner in the John Maxwell Team, The Kellan Group Inc. is committed to delivering the leadership principles that are based on the work of John C. Maxwell and our global partners who deliver excellence to their stakeholders daily.
Leadership has always been viewed as a senior management skill. However, it is critical for team members to be able to lead in tough times. Leadership is the willingness to setup to the next level even when it isn’t your job.
Each one of the Leadership Courses are available in a Lunch and Learn format that we have found to be ideal for teams to engage in training together but with the convenience of “doing it over lunch”.
- Building High Performance Relationship-based Teams: Communication, Collaboration, Cooperation
- REAL Leadership – Step Up or Step Aside
- Influence Without Authority – Positively Impact the Lives of Others
- Leadership Gold: Lessons in Leadership – Summarize your life in one sentence
- Put Your Dreams to the Test – Make your dreams come true
- Everyone Communicates Few Connect – What the Most Effective People do differently
Customized Training Sessions
In order to ensure that our courses meet the objectives of our customers, Kellan Group staff is available to customize Kellan courses or to develop new courses. When customizing courses, we use a three-step process.
Train the Trainer: Mentoring Trainers for Success
The Kellan Group uses a mentored structure to ‘Training the Trainer’. We have found that it increases the confidence of the trainers, presenters and subject matter experts if they are able to create support network with the participants as well as their peers.